Friday, March 12, 2010

They've done it again!

Today, for the first time, I listened to the new Four Year Strong album, Enemy of the World. I love Four Year Strong, they play great music, they are great live, and I even got to meet them once after a show. I absolutely love their previous album, Rise or Die Trying, and the new tracks are certainly up to par. The album feels like a continuation of their first, jam-packed with fast-paced guitar riffs that are sometimes so similar to older songs that I do an auditory dounle-take. I don't think they grew as a band in terms of their music evolving, but it's kind of refreshing to see a band that actually sticks with what they are good at intsead of changing so much that you end up disappointed (The Academy Is, All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, etc..) 

Favorite tracks so far (although this always changes for me over time):
It Must Really Suck to be Four Year Strong Right Now
Wasting Time (Eternal Summer)
Find My Way Back

Added bonus: The album was only $8!

 On a scale of 1-10 will I do this again: Let's just say this album will probably be my driving music for quite a while. 10!

1 comment:

  1. FYS opened for one of my favorite bands a couple years ago at the webster. They put on an awesome show, I was a fan before I even knew who they were. I'll have to listen to the new album at some point. Good post!

    ReplyDelete